I’m generally not responding to employment opportunity solicitations. Recruitment offers and other inquiries for employment will be received, but due to time limitations, I will not respond to correspondence regarding employment until I’m actively seeking new opportunities. Thank you!
However, feel free to check out my LinkedIn profile, where you can find my latest experience info and send me a message.
Senior HCI Engineer — Jan 2015 – present
Charles Stark Draper Laboratory, Not-for-profit R&D, Cambridge, MA
- On various mobile and web projects, responsible for all efforts relating to the design of the user interface: researching user needs, aligning team members, and defining an effective design through rapid prototyping.
- Principal contributor on various designs relating to print, digital, and communication.
- Proactively designed and built custom user research tools, augmenting team members’ capability.
Product Designer — Jan 15–Feb 16 & Jul 18–Mar 19 (part-time)
Bridge for Billions, Social impact startup, Pittsburgh, PA
- Re-designed a platform to support collaborative idea exploration.
- Built and iterated on interactive prototypes.
- Established design guidelines for future work.
UX Designer & Developer — Jan 2014 – Aug 2014
Saxton Horne Communications, Advertising agency, Salt Lake City, UT
- Designed information architecture, wireframes, and interactive prototypes for several client websites.
- Developed front-end website.
UX Developer Oct 2013–Aug 2014
Kinpoint, Inc., Social network startup, Provo, UT
- Designed and constructed narrative prototype which contributed to defining product vision, unifying stakeholders and team efforts, and communicating to prospective investors.
Sr. Software Engineer, 2007 (intern) & 2008–2013 (full-time)
Motorola Solutions, Inc., Fortune 500, Salt Lake City, UT
- Proactively conceptualized, designed, and built a tool for data simulation that management said “proved to be invaluable” for diagnosing performance, discovering bugs, and demonstrating features.
Human-Computer Interaction, M.S. Carnegie Mellon University 2015
Computer Science, B.S. Business Management, Minor Brigham Young University 2008
Student Design Competition 2015
ACM Computer-Human Interaction (CHI) Conference Seoul, Korea
- Designed a platform empowering refugees to help each other acclimate to their host country.
- Awarded 2nd place out of 70 submissions by international panel of judges.
- Work published and displayed at ACM CHI Conference.
Web Analytics Competition, 2007
Omniture (acquired by Adobe Inc.), Provo, UT
Presentation of redesign recommendations for an e-commerce site based on analysis of usage data was awarded 2nd place by founders of Omniture.
- Human-centered Research
- Contextual Inquiry
- Design Probes
- Survey Design
- Speed Dating
- Usability Testing
- Workshop Creation & Facilitation
- Interaction Design
- Page Flows
- Information Architecture Wireframing
- Low- & High-Fidelity Prototyping
- Data Visualization
- Print Design
- Sketching & Drawing
- Video Scripting & Editing
- Design Specifications
- HTML, SVG
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Mandarin Chinese